Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Too Faced La Creme Color Drenched Lip Creams in Juicy Melons REVIEW and swatches

I love pretty lip colors but a lot do not show up on my pigmented red lips. And if they do, chances are they are too stark white which leaves me looking like a clown or dry my lips out. Good thing I tried Too Faced La Creme color drenched lip creams at Sephora! They are so buttery and so pigmented. I chose the color Juicy Melons, which is a creamy bright coral color with a hint of pink. It really stood out on my lips. See below for swatches and review.
Too Faced La Creme in Juicy Melons, 0.11 oz, $21

A swatch of Juicy Melons



Bare lips for comparison

Too Faced Juicy Melons

Too Faced Juicy Melons

As you can see, Juicy Melons came out as a very pink color on camera. It is actually more coral in person. This color was easy to apply and also stayed for a long time. I love that it didn't smell like lipstick nor did it dry my lips out. Overall, I really like texture, I just wished it wasn't as expensive. The packaging makes up for a lot of the cost. The gold tube felt very sturdy in my hands and the cap protected the lipstick from accidentally twisting up in the tube.

Texture: very buttery and smooth. 
Application: One swipe of this lip cream covered my lips. It is pretty pigmented and easy to apply. There was no tugging or dryness.
Scent: It smelled fruity- not like lipstick at all!
Staying power: If I do not eat, this can last up to 4-5 hours on my lips

Overall: I really like that this color shows up on my pigmented lips without making me look like a clown. The texture is buttery and smooth to apply but still stay on my lips for a long time. Even as the color wore off, my lips did not feel parched. It has a sheen finish and makes your lips look healthy. With a sturdy and fancy packaging, $21 isn't too bad.

Have you tried any shades from Too Faced La Creme? Which ones are your favorite?

Em

Like what you see? Support my blogs by subscribing here!

All products shown here were purchased with my own money and were given my fair and honest opinion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!