Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Julep Kelly nail polish REVIEW and swatches

Julep Nail polishes had an amazing deal online a few weeks back. For $14.99 you can pick any two nail polish colors and a Best Pedi creme AND free shipping. Julep polishes retails for $14 a bottle so getting two full sized polishes plus a Pedi creme for just a dollar more is flipping awesome. I have been meaning to try this line of polishes and I jumped at this offer! See below for swatches of the shade Kelly. I also purchased Alicia (salmon peach), which I will review a little later.


Julep Nail Vernis in Kelly, 0.27 fl oz, $14 (retail)

Julep Kelly in artificial lighting, three coats with top coat

Julep Kelly in natural light, three coats with top coat

More shots of Julep Kelly

Kelly is a light nude cream. It was easy to apply, but did require three coats to become opaque so that you don't see my nail bed. The color matched my skin well and I really enjoy the quick dry time. It isn't the fastest I have worked with, but decent. I've gotten several compliments on my nails when I wore this shade and I would definitely recommend it!

Julep polishes are Big 4 free- no formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, and DBP. All of their bottles come in a sleek tall glass container with a black top. I seem to confuse this container with lipglosses sometimes! 

Application: streaky first coat, opaque third coat
Dry time: fairly fast- within a couple minutes
Staying power: I was able to wear this polish for about 4 days without chipping. Day 5-6 had a lot more chips near the edges.

Overall: I would definitely recommend this color. It makes my skin slightly more tanned and is appropriate for work. I really like cream and pastel colors and this one lasts a long time for me. Being Big 4 free definitely is a plus! However, the price is a little steep. It contains half the amount of product compared to other polishes (OPI, Essie, and Butter London) but cost the same or twice as much. Keep an eye out for sales and try it first.


Have you tried any of Julep's nail polishes? Which shade would you recommend?

Em




Like what you see?
 Support my blogs by subscribing here!

All products shown here were purchased with my own money and were given my fair and honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!