Friday, July 13, 2012

Sinful Colors Study in Style: Leap Flog and Winterberry REVIEW and swatches

Good news, everyone! If you have been trying to get your hands on the Winterberry shade from Sinful Colors the last time it was released in Fall 2011, it is now back in the Study in Style collection. In fact, most of the Study in Style collection are repeats of previous colors with the exception of one shade: Leap Flog. Yep, Leap Flog, didn't spell that wrong :)
I chose to purchase Leap Flog and Winterberry in this collection- see below for swatches and review.

Sinful Colors- Study in Style collection, the two shades missing are the ones that I purchased!

Winterberry: a shimmery deep grape purple
Leap Flog: A dark teal cream
15mL/0.5 fl oz, $1.99

Swatches:

left to right: Winterberry, Leap Flog, Winterberry

Winterberry (middle and pinky), Leap Flog (ring)

I really enjoy applying Winterberry and Leap Flog. Leap flog has only one coat, Winterberry two coats. I don't have a lot of deep purples, but this one is quite pretty. I think it is the shimmers that make it more wearable for me. Leap Flog is a very clean, dark color. Though it is dark, I feel the pulled-togetherness of this teal shade is appropriate for a lot of workplaces. I actually don't have this teal shade in my collection and I am glad to add this to my teals :)

Application: Very easy to apply. No streakiness. Leap Flog only required one coat.
Dry time: Fast. Since the formula is on the thin side, it dries fast like other Sinful Colors nail polishes.
Staying power: I haven't worn Leap Flog for very long, but Winterberry stayed two days without chipping. My experience with Sinful Colors is that they usually last 3 days with a top coat without chipping.

Overall: I really like the deep purple shimmer color of Winterberry. I am so glad Sinful Colors brought it back this Fall. Leap Flog is also a unique teal cream and would work very well for the Fall as well. For a $1.99, I would say give them both a shot!

What are your thoughts of this collection? Anything you got your eye on?


Em

Like what you see? Subscribe for more! Click here to sign up for my mailing list

All products shown here were purchased with my own money and were given my fair and honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!