Monday, July 16, 2012

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Coral Reef, Pop Pink, and Peach Petal

I love Revlon Super Lustrous Lipglosses and I decided to show you my top three favorites in this blog. There is also a 40% off sale on all Revlon cosmetics and tools this week (7/15/12 - 7/21/12) at RiteAid so I wanted to get this out as soon as possible in case this helps you choose a color! See my other Revlon product reviews and swatches if you need more inspiration :)  Revlon Balm Stains and Revlon Colorstay Whipped creme Foundation

Time for Review and Swatches:

Revlon Super Lustrous lipgloss in (left to right): Coral Reef, Pink Pop, and Peach Petal
5.9ml/0.2 fl. oz, $7

Each tube of lipgloss comes with a doe foot applicator. Also notice the fancy gold hardware on the top of the lipgloss. So elegant and pretty!

Bare lips for comparison

Pink Pop

Coral Reef


Peach Petal


left to right: Peach Petal, Pink Pop, Coral Reef

Peach Petal: This pinky nude with hints of shimmer is raved by many bloggers!
Pink Pop: a neon bright pink that has no shimmers or sparkles.
Coral Reef: A smooth bright coral with a hint of peach.

I love Coral Reef. I have been loving the coral shades for my lips lately and this is no exception! The fact that it has no shimmers or sparkles is amazing for its coverage. It kind of has this jelly look on my lips. It is extremely smooth, yet gives a lot of color. Pink Pop is probably my second favorite. It is very bright, but still very wearable, especially for the summer. This color again does not have any shimmers or sparkles, just pink! Peach Petal is a very pretty nude shade. It is a bit too light for my lips and can settle into my lines if I apply too much. I am so jealous of those who can wear it so well! Though it isn't the best for me on my bare lips, I like layering it on top of more nude lip balms or lipsticks. All three lipglosses were not drying.


Application/formula: Very smooth and light. It doesn't feel oily, gritty, or heavy. Very nice formula and covers well!
Scent: There is a hint of sweet vanilla-y smell. Not overpowering.
Staying power: I get around 2-3 hours on this if I don't eat or drink excessively.

Overall: I loveee these colors. The Coral Reef and Pink Pop is such fun and bright colors for the summer! I really like how much color payoff I get from it without the dryness or heaviness that I get with other lipglosses. Peach Petal is a beautiful nude pink color. If you can, I would try all three! If you got the coral color vibe like I do currently, Coral Reef is a must-try!

Do you have a favorite Revlon lipgloss?

Em



Like what you see? Support my blogs by subscribing here!

All products shown here were purchased with my own money and were given my fair and honest opinion.



1 comment:

  1. Hey thanks for the comment. I think it's called jelly because it is more thicker than other bb cream. or its probably just a concept. yes this is really good for comb/oily skin. I have oily skin and it didnt' make my face oily or greasy. x

    http://kreamiblush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!