Thursday, July 12, 2012

Dior Le Vernis Incognito REVIEW, swatches, dupe

I can't believe I haven't discovered Dior's nail le vernis until now. I have heard so much about it, but I have always went for Chanel nail polishes if I ever felt the need to splurge on nail polishes. Today, I stumbled upon the Dior counter and instantly was drawn to the color Incognito (257). I am a sucker for very neutral and earth tone colors and this nude pink was right up my alley.

Dior Le Vernis in Incognito, 10ml/0.33 fl.oz., $23 
Dior Incognito released Spring 2012

Closer look at the brush. For those of you who have not seen closely or have not used Dior's nail polishes, they are very similar to the size of the new Wet n Wild nail polish brushes. It is wider than most drugstore nail polishes, but applies so quickly! 
Also note the shape of the top of the bottle. The edge of it slides downwards and makes removing excess polish from the brush so easy! It doesn't collect and become tacky on the edge of the lid :) 

 One coat of Dior Incognito

Comparison with Milani:



 Comparison with Milani A Rose my Lady. On my thumb, I have Dior Incognito (two coats) and on my index finger I have Milani (one coat). It looks fairly close in color, but if you look closely, you can see that Milani has more shimmers, which makes the color look slightly lighter and more pink. It is close, but not the same! You can definitely see this difference close in person.

Dior Incognito, two coats

I love nude, neutral, earthy-tone shades because they go with everything and create the polished look to any outfit. I can wear it to all occasions, which means I can get a lot of use out of it. I know a lot of people suggest getting only very unique shades from high end brands when it comes to nail polish, but I can't agree completely with that. As much as it is smart to get undupeable shades from high end brands, you should also consider the uses you will get out of it. I know personally I will use this shade from Dior a lot and can enjoy the application and look of the color continuously. That is what makes this a good buy for me. It was absolutely worth the $23!

Formula: Very thin, but not streaky. Easy to work with.

Application: EXTREMELY easy. The brush may seem large and hard to control, but it is actually a dream to apply. The formula is so smooth and even. I got no streaking with the first coat. It was a bit sheer and I added on a second coat with absolutely no streaking. 

Dry time: UNBELIEVEABLY fast! I count to 10 seconds and it is not tacky to the touch. 

Staying power: I haven't worn this long so I can't attest to the staying power. However, it is looking very good on day two. I just got too excited to wait another few days to show you!

Overall: I love love LOVE this nail polish. This is the first nail polish I have ever tried from Dior, but it definitely won't be the last. I love the consistency, dry time, color, application, everything! You must find a color you like or would wear very often and give Dior a try! I can't express my love for Dior vernis enough!


Have you tried Dior le vernis? Which shade is your favorite?

Em

Like what you see? Subscribe for more! Sign up for my mailing list

All products shown here were purchased with my own money and were given my fair and honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!