Friday, May 25, 2012

Chanel Beige Nail color #565


For my birthday, I received the Chanel Le Vernis color in beige #565 from my mommy. I will share my experience with you on this new shade from Chanel. Chanel had this exclusive shade released at the end of May 2012 and is available only on chanel.com


Chanel Le Vernis Nail color in Beige #565, .4 fl. oz, $26

This shade is a light nude color. It appears to lean more on the pale peach side of nude and is a very versatile color. I love nude nails and this color is no exception. I am more used to pink-toned nudes, but this is an interesting and clean shade. 

One coat of Beige under natural light


Two coats of Beige under artificial light


 At first the beige color seems very plain- don't get me wrong, I love nude nail polishes, but for this to be so exclusive and $26 a bottle I was expecting a whoa. A closer look revealed shimmers!
I tried to capture the subtle shimmer this beige has. In the light, you can see that there is subtle red shimmers in the polish. It was very difficult to capture, but believe me its there!

This nail polish is very sheer. There was two coats on my nails in the picture to the right, but you can still see my nails underneath. The formula is also not as easy to apply as other Chanel nail polishes, but still manageable. Note: all Chanel nail polishes are formaldehyde free, toluene free, and DBP free.
Photo to the right: two coats under natural light


 Overall, I really like this nude color with a subtle red shimmer. Some people expect a unique/outstanding/mind blowing nail color from Chanel, but I think it is equally important to have a long lasting shade so that you can use it over and over- even if the color trend dies down. This is a shade that would always be around and therefore I think it was worth my money.

What do you think of this polish?

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!